All these planets
All these stars
M3RC has landed
The World is Ours…
1. Spend time doing what you love
2. Give all of yourself to those you love
3. Don’t invest time with cheap people.
4. Every minute counts
5. Charity is rewarding in and of itself
North Carolina police: Unarmed man shot 10 times by officer
AP: Investigators say unarmed, 24-year-old Jonathan A. Ferrell was shot 10 times by a Charlotte, North Carolina, police officer early Saturday.
Officer Randall Kerrick fired 12 times at Ferrell while responding to a breaking and entering call, police say. Ten of those bullets hit the former Florida A&M University football player.
Officers say Ferrell had been in a car wreck. He had sought help at a nearby house and a woman called authorities when she didn’t recognize him.
Photo: Jonathan Ferrell is seen in an undated photo provided by Florida A&M University. (via AP)
Turn up your speakers - you’re about to hear space.
The Voyager 1 spacecraft, now about 12 BILLION miles away from Earth, sent back these sounds from interstellar space.
Keep in mind that you are only able to hear these sounds because 36 years ago scientists launched a spacecraft directed straight out of our solar system, and now, from 12 billion miles away, Voyager 1 is capturing oscillations in the plasma surrounding it and sending it back down to Earth.
"We literally jumped out of our seats when we saw these oscillations in our data — they showed us the spacecraft was in an entirely new region, comparable to what was expected in interstellar space, and totally different than in the solar bubble," Gurnett said. "Clearly we had passed through the heliopause, which is the long-hypothesized boundary between the solar plasma and the interstellar plasma."
Not gonna lie. These sounds almost broke my brain. Everyone cries tears of joy about science sometimes, right?
Nobody can build the bridge for you to walk across the river of life, no one but you yourself alone. There are, to be sure, countless paths and bridges and demi-gods which would carry you across this river; but only at the cost of yourself; you would pawn yourself and lose. There is in the world only one way, on which nobody can go, except you: where does it lead? Do not ask, go along with it.
"Judgmental Jesus" #Comic #Religion #Parody #Funny
nintendrunk: Marshmallow Vodka Kirby
Ingredients (makes 3):
1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin powder or agar powder for vegetarians
1/4 cup + 3 oz. chilled marshmallow vodka
1/6 cup cold water (2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons)
1/2 cup sugar
1/6 cup light corn syrup
2 large egg whites at room temperature
Small pinch of salt
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/3 cup corn starch
Directions: Hold on to your warp stars! This recipe is a bit complex.
- Combine the powdered sugar and corn starch together in a bowl;
- Coat the insides of both the tops and bottoms a spherical ice cube molds (such as these) with a thin layer vegetable shortening, add some of the powdered sugar/starch mixture and shake so that the inside surfaces of the mold are well coated; return any unused powder to the bowl and set aside to use later;
- Sprinkle the gelatin or agar powder over 1/4 cup of cold marshmallow vodka in a bowl;
- Attach a candy thermometer to a small saucepan; add the water, sugar, and corn syrup. Stir the ingredients a few times then turn the stove to medium-high;
- Using the whisk attachment, beat the egg whites in an electric mixer on slow until frothy, then add a touch of salt;
- Once the syrup mixture gets to about 210°F, turn the speed on the electric mixer up to fast;
- After the syrup gets to 245°F, carefully pour it into the mixer;
- As the egg white and syrup mixture is whipping, add the agar/gelatin and vodka;
- Add the vanilla extract and 4-5 drops of red food dye; continue whipping until the outside of the mixing bowl is cool and the mixture has grown 2-3 times its original size;
- Pour the marshmallow mixture into the greased and powdered bottoms of the molds (there should be enough for 3, but the molds come in sets of two - so maybe make 2 Kirbys and 1 Ditto?) to the fill line, packing it down gently; add the mold tops and store at room temperature;
- Once the marshmallows are set (6+ hours) take the Kirbys out of their molds and coat them lightly in the leftover corn starch/powdered sugar mixture;
- Fill a culinary syringe with about an ounce of marshmallow vodka (2 tablespoons) and inject it a little bit at a time into one of your Kirbys at various depths; refill and repeat with the other marshmallows (inject in rough or uneven parts of your marshmallows rather than on the smooth parts);
- The marshmallows might leak a little bit so store them on a paper towl on top of a plate until they’re relatively dry;
- Take a pinch of the corn starch/powdered sugar mixture and add a splash of water and a drop of red dye; mix it with a spoon, then use a toothpick to apply Kirby’s cheeks; do likewise for his eyes but with 2-3 drops of blue dye; and
- Serve on a yellow cocktail napkin cut into the shape of a warp star.
A note from the creator:“Hiiiii!” This is our take on a Jello shot. The marshmallow recipe is based on this one, which is great as it is… but then we found a way to make them look like Kirby and fit about a shot’s worth of vodka into each 2.5 inch marshmallow. Inhale them! Copy Kirby’s drunk & friendly ability! Spit them at your enemies!
The description above worked with unflavored gelatin; if you’re using a vegetarian substitute, you may need to make certain small adjustments.
Created and photographed by Nintendrunk. Thanks for the submission!